Sunday, 23 November 2014
Zodiac Station by Tom Harper My rating: 4 of 5 stars I found this book completely by accident by seeing a photo of someone on twitter holding up the front cover - it grabbed my interest and I purchased a copy. First things first, it wasn't what I thought it would be ( I was expecting a horror/ chiller based in the Arctic), but that aside, I was not disappointed, it immediately pulled me in with its descriptive text about a strange lone man walking out of the Arctic island of Utgard rescued by an American Coast guard icebreaker. The survivor, a British man by the name of Tom Anderson tells a story of being the only miraculous survivor of scientific research base - Zodiac Station. Zodiac Station has suffered a disaster, completely mysterious and unexpected and as the story slowly unravels we learn bit by bit what happened at Zodiac, the base personnel's secrets, hidden agendas and a terrible secret which becomes apparent at the climactic ending of the book. A brilliant mystery/ thriller filled with clever science, Arctic descriptions and climate change/ world geopolitics themes. It's an interesting read, very cleverly written. Loved it. View all my reviews
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment